QUICK AND EASY VEGETARIAN CHILI
During the fall I love a good warm bowl of comfort food. Here is my quick and easy vegetarian chili. It isn’t a complete “recipe” as I don’t measure out anything but I will list a loose guide of how much for each ingredient that I add. Trust your own palette and add as much or as little as you like!
– ONIONS 1 MEDIUM CHOPPED
– GARLIC 4-6 CLOVES
– GREEN/RED PEPPER 1-2 WHOLE PEPPERS CHOPED
– CELERY 4-5 STALKS CHOPPED
– CRUSHED TOMATOES HALF CAN
– CORN 1 CAN
– MUSHROOMS ¾ CUP CHOPPED
– BEANS 2 CANS OF YOUR FAVORITE BEANS
– TOMATO SAUCE OR FAV SPAGHETTI SAUCE ADD ACCORDING TO YOUR PREFERENCE
– SMOKED PAPRIKA (REGULAR WOULD WORK TOO – A TSP)
– CUMIN 1 TABLESPOON
– GARLIC POWDER 1 TABLESPOON
– ONION POWDER 1 TABLESPOON
– CAYENNE POWDER 1 TEASPOON
– OPTIONAL: EPICURE SEASONING: POCO PICANTE 1 TABLESPOON
– OPTIONAL: GROUND ROUND
Saute onions until translucent on medium heat.
Add the celery and peppers and cook till almost soft. Add corn, mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes approx. Add garlic, cook until garlic is cooked but not burnt or overcooked. Then add remaining tomato sauce, beans and all spices. Simmer on low for 20min or as long as 1 hour.
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS – OPTIONAL:
CHEESE, TORTILLA CHIPS, SERVE OVER RICE, DOLLOP OF SOUR CREAM, CHIVES,